Sharing a healthy recipe which I am enjoying since many years and in this lock-down, I am having it at least 2 times in a week.
This can be taken as a dish along with the main meal or as a snack.
When it comes to calorie counting, we need to keep a check on the macro-nutrients such as Proteins, Carbohydrates and Fats. So this dish, Soya Chunks fry, is a high protein meal.
Protein: 27 gms
Carbs: 21.9 gms
Fats: 10.2 gms
Total calories: 285 cal
Soya Chunks - 50 gms
Coconut oil/or any oil - 10 gms
Onion - 1 medium size (approx 60 gms)
Curry Leaves - 4-5
Garlic - 2, 3 cloves
Salt, turmeric & chilly powders - As per taste
If you don't want soya chunks to be crispy, you can add 1 medium tomato
Soak the soya chunks for at least 45 minutes in water. Later drain the water and press the chunks to remove the excess water.
Chop the onion, garlic and tomato (if adding) and now its time to prepare.
1. Heat a non-stick fry pan
2. Add oil and let it heat for a while in low flame
3. Add chopped onion & garlic and continue to stir in low flame. Do not wait for the onions to turn golden brown or else it will turn dark later.
4. Add curry leaves.
5. Add soya chunks and stir to mix the oil, onion and garlic
6. Add Salt, turmeric & chilly powders
7. Cover the lid for 2 minutes and then stir it in medium flame for few more minutes.
Soya chunks fry is now ready to eat.
Tip: you can add veggies like Broccoli, lady finger or beans to make it more nutritious.
Do share your feedback and feel free to post new recipes to cook soya chunks.